It all starts with a spark.
The spark that warms the compassion in a donor’s heart. That fires their faith in a better world.
It’s the spark that ignites action to simply, profoundly, change lives. As a Temporary Proofreader/Quality Assurance Specialist for Grizzard, one of the nation’s leading direct marketing agencies specializing in nonprofit fundraising, you can help ignite that spark. For 40 years, we have partnered with many of the top nonprofit organizations throughout the country by developing fundraising strategies that ignite passion and loyalty, while inspiring local communities and individuals to make a difference.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Temporary Quality Assurance Specialist at our office in Atlanta/Buckhead, GA. The Temporary Quality Assurance Specialist will review and proofread for grammatical, formatting and typographical errors and client mandatories. QA/Proofreader’s responsibilities extend to direct mail and interactive multimedia (promotional, websites, social media and other digital components). Review priorities daily with QA Manager to meet scheduled deadlines. Expected to meet or exceed established guidelines, methods, procedures and industry standards.
Here’s what it takes to succeed in this opportunity:
- A passion for “Doing the Most Good.”
- Proofread copy decks, Creative, Studio proofs at various stages through final art proofs, client proposals, sales presentations, catalogs, digital and other multimedia files for errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar and style, and client mandatory information.
- Proofread changes from previous rounds have been applied.
- Responsible for the grammatical style standards of all Grizzard agency promotional materials (including sales copy in catalogs, proposals, media presentations, etc.).
- Proofread vendor proofs, which include pre-print and letter text/live data copy for Production as part of final vendor signoffs.
- Evaluate mandatories from each Account Team such as client addresses, logos, websites, PMS colors, special phrasing requests and exclusions. Maintain the information as a reference for correct application. Provide input to QA Manager on any updates to mandatories due to client edits.
- Make edits to copy decks to reflect changes Account Teams have made to copy as each job progresses, when requested. At copy approval stages, proofread and make edits directly to copy deck files, verify updated copy is emailed to Project Management, and updated on server, when requested by AT.
- Understand variable data coding. Training to be provided by QA Manager.
- Review and proof variable coding on creative by cross-checking variable lists and mark-ups from OPS Manager. Training to be provided by QA Manager.
- Troubleshoot statistical and fact-checking conflicts with QA/Proofreading Team first; includes reviews with Project Manager and Account Team.
- Contribute to creation and updating of any new online or software proofreading guidelines and Quality Assurance checklists.
Do you have what it takes?
- Extensive knowledge of the English language: proper spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, experience in direct response environment helpful.
- Experience in print-production environment helpful.
- Knowledge of AP Style.
- Understanding of variable data and personalization in print production and digital media.
- General knowledge of USPS requirements and recommendations for direct mail.
- Understanding of HTML/CSS coding helpful.
- Experience with social media (Twitter, Facebook, blog posts) helpful.
- B.A. degree in English preferred.
Does this sound like you? Then it’s time to get discovered.
Please send resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com