It all starts with a spark.
The spark that warms the compassion in your donor’s heart. That fires their faith in a better world. It’s the spark that ignites action to simply, profoundly, change lives. As a Copywriter for Grizzard, one of the nation’s leading direct marketing agencies specializing in nonprofit fundraising, you can help ignite that spark.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Copywriter at our office in Glendale, CA or this position can work remote. The Copywriter will develop clear, concise, and compelling copy for non-profit organizations. Integrated direct response fundraising copy will be the primary type of copy needed, but projects will also include brand communications, newsletters, marketing collateral, and more. Channels will include direct mail, print, digital, social media, video, and others.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend creative meetings with Account Team, Creative Director and Art Director to brainstorm effective concepts, formats and copy approaches that will meet marketing objectives and deliver projected results.
- Write high quality direct response fundraising copy that is appropriate for purpose, audience, and channel – often under tight deadlines. Channels will include direct mail, digital, alternate media, out-of-home media, radio, etc.
- Write high quality brand communications that are appropriate for purpose, audience, and channel – often under tight deadlines. Channels will include digital, print (brochures, annual reports, etc.), and others.
- Interface with designers in developing appropriate graphics and formats which will enhance the message and heighten response.
- Interview clients and client beneficiaries to obtain story resource, as needed.
- Attend strategy meetings at client locations, as requested.
- Act as Project Manager on selected catalog assignments, to ensure that copy and graphic changes reflect the assignment and meet quality control standards.
- Maintain communication with Traffic and within Creative Department regarding scheduling issues, primarily as copy deadlines interface with layout deadlines.
- Stay current on trends in communications and what competitors are doing.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university, with a major in English, Communications or similar field.
- Minimum two years writing for non-profit organizations, with significant experience in developing concepts and copy for direct response fundraising efforts. Experience writing for faith-based organizations is a plus.
- A knowledge of direct response fund raising marketing principles as applied to the concept/copy process
- Experience in writing for digital communications (websites, emails, landing pages, etc.) and social media.
- Ability to work with a design team in developing effective design solutions.
- Excellent command of the English language and grammar, with an understanding of how writing for marketing differs from other forms of writing.
- Ability to take direction and constructive suggestions without offense.
- Flexibility and objectivity – understanding that the success of the project is more important than one’s personal ego
- Team player – able to work with account services, traffic, production and creative staff in the pursuit of a common goal.
- An understanding that copywriting must be tailored to the target audience, not the preferences of the writer
- Ability to work under pressure and meet established deadlines.
- A commitment to excellence, yet knowing when and how to compromise.
- Compatibility with the nature and mission of Grizzard’s fund raising clients.
- Exemplary organizational ability and complete attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from account teams and clients.
- Ability to understand response data/analysis and apply to future projects, to ensure that work is truly results-driven.
- Growing knowledge of donor psychology and motivation.
- Persuasive communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience on PC or MAC computer, using Microsoft Word and other related software programs; ability to use the internet to receive and send documents.
If this sounds like you, then it’s time to get discovered.
You will find our compensation and benefits package is competitive. Plus, there are multiple opportunities for ongoing professional development and training, as well as a casual and diverse work environment that fosters growth. This is how we attract and retain committed, talented associates who are truly making a difference.
Please send resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org