It all starts with a spark.
The spark that warms the compassion in your donor’s heart. That fires their faith in a better world. It’s the spark that ignites action to simply, profoundly, change lives. As the Temporary Studio Artist for Grizzard, one of the nation’s leading direct marketing agencies specializing in nonprofit fundraising, you can help ignite that spark.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Temporary Studio Artist at our office in Pasadena, CA. The assignment will last until October 31, 2017. The Temporary Studio Artist will report to the Studio Manager and will work with our art directors and production managers.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
- Accurately and efficiently process layout and art revisions, preserving quality and specifications of original design while maintaining brand standards and client mandatories.
- Manage multiple projects, execute custom client text and pre-print versions within appropriate art files.
- Anticipate and troubleshoot potential production issues prior to releasing files to vendor to minimize or eliminate corrections and additional costs.
- Manage all catalog page design and assembly including PDF workflow, electronic file transfers and proofing.
- Construct and maintain accurate pre-flight of files, file management, file preparation and color management to minimize or eliminate corrections and additional costs.
- Manage client and vendor deliverables and turnaround by established deadlines.
- Maintain accurate and orderly resources including client/vendor mandatories and art files to maximize efficiency
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare all designed layouts into prepress files for offset, web or digital printing.
- Prepare digital assets for the web and process html text revisions.
- Maintain and organize files for data merging and use of scripts as they pertain to the Titan process.
- Maintain and ensure accurate specs and adhere to print and art specification forms.
- Meet schedules and deadlines for all jobs.
- Track all time and record daily.
- Interface with Art Director, Designer, Production Manager, Project Management, and Print Production.
- Maintain quality and adherence to branding standards of assigned accounts.
- Organize and update files to department asset management system.
- Maintain and assess art and office supply needs for department.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Knowledgeable of multiple computer programs, design principles, prepress and printing processes.
- Proficient with MAC OS, InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Dreamweaver and other relevant design software programs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables from multiple sources.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations including USPS and Canadian postal regulations.
- Ability to understand and apply brand standards and guidelines
- Ability to send and receive art files and other documents electronically.
- Commitment to excellence with the ability to compromise.
- Possess attention to detail; own accuracy of projects.
- Ability to spot obvious typos and grammatical errors.
- Responsibility and accountability on every project.
- Minimum three years of direct response experience.
- Minimum two years of art production.
- Minimum of two years coursework related to art production.
- Working knowledge of basic HTML is a plus
If this sounds like you, then it’s time to get discovered.Please send resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com